Since its invention in Calgary in 1969, the Caesar has become so much more than a national cocktail. It’s a cultural icon – embedded in our social customs, pride and traditions. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of our beloved national cocktail, a commemorative book filled with 50 Caesar stories from real Canadians is being created. And you can be a part of it!
The Mott’s Clamato 50 Years 50 Stories Commemorative Book Contest (the “Contest” or “contest”) commences August 10th, 2018 at 5:00 pm ET and ends November 15th, 2018 at approximately 9:00 am ET (the "Contest Period"). This Contest is sponsored by Canada Dry Mott's Inc. (the "Contest Sponsor").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are of legal drinking age or older in the province/territory of residence at time of entry.
Notwithstanding the above, this Contest is not open to employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors (or those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of: (i) the Contest Sponsor, its divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates; and (ii) Contest Sponsor’s advertising and promotional agencies, Contest suppliers, prize suppliers, and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
To enter the Contest, go to www.50CaesarStories.ca (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to obtain the official Contest entry form (the “Entry Form”). Fully complete the Entry Form with all required information, which may include, but is not limited to: (i) providing your first name, last name, phone number and email address; and (ii) submitting in English or French, an original ‘story’, to a maximum of 500 words, written about, inspired by, or reminiscent of a Caesar together with an optional photograph (photo size: 300 dpi/photo type: JPEG or PNG) (the “Entry”), according to the following guidelines:
The Entry cannot:
Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry (and, for greater certainty, the corresponding entrant) for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including the determination, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Entry fails to satisfy any of the above guidelines, or is inconsistent with the goals, image, or policies of the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit (or to require the entrant to edit and resubmit) any Entry that contains material that violates these Contest Rules.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that (i) he/she has read, understood and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations of the Contest (the “Rules”); (ii) his/her Entry complies with the guidelines set out above; and (iii) he/she will be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and judging panel with regards to all aspects of this, which are final and binding (without right of appeal), including without limitation, any decision regarding the eligibility and/or disqualification of entrant. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete Entries (all of which are void).
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period. Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
There are fifty (50) prizes available to be won, each consisting of the opportunity for the selected entrant’s Entry to be featured in a publication tentatively entitled “50 Years, 50 Stories”, which is scheduled to be made available for sale in connection with Mott’s Clamato’s 50th Anniversary in 2019 (the “Prize”).
The decision as to whether or not to actually produce the publication (and, if produced, the nature and substance of such publication) is at Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. For the avoidance of any doubt, there is no obligation whatsoever on the Contest Sponsor or any other entity to produce the publication. Even if the publication is produced, there is no obligation whatsoever on the Contest Sponsor or any other entity to actually use any selected entrant’s Entry. All decisions of the Sponsor in these regards shall be considered final and binding without right of appeal. Only if the Contest Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it will produce the publication, then the following conditions apply to each confirmed Prize winner:
Odds of an entrant winning a Prize depends on the quality of such entrant’s Entry (on the basis of the judging criteria provided below). Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, exchanged, assigned or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize, in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize. By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties (defined below) if the Prize does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
For greater certainty, there is no value attributable to the selected entrant’s publication of the Entry.
Where applicable, shipped Prizes shall not be insured and the Released Parties (as defined below) shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
All Entries submitted by entrants will be judged according to the below criteria and assigned a total score out of twenty five (25) by each member of the judging panel:
Does the Entry elicit an emotional connection?
Is the story a “one of a kind”?
Is it truly unique and original?
Does the story talk about Caesars?
The entrants whose Entries receive the fifty (50) highest scores based on the above judging criteria will each be selected as an eligible winner of a Prize. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more Entries based on the total score, the tie will be broken first using each judge’s score on emotional connection, then originality and then the delivery criteria.
The potential Prize winners will be notified on November 16th, 2018 at approximately 3 pm ET or upon completion of the judging of the Entries. Before being declared a winner, each potential winner must complete and return to the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s declaration and release form (the “Declaration and Release”) (and any other documents, as applicable), by the deadline indicated on the Declaration and Release, pursuant to which he/she (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; and (v) assigns and transfers to the Contest Sponsor all right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including without limitation all copyright and other intellectual property rights, and all goodwill, attaching to, or arising from, his/her Entry( and waives all of his/her moral rights in his/her Entry in favour of the Contest Sponsor).
If any potential Prize winner, is not in compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor and the Judging Panel at their sole and absolute discretion), declines the Prize won or if any potential Prize winner fails to return the Declaration and Release (and any other documents, as applicable) by the deadline indicated on the Declaration and Release, the applicable Prize may be forfeited by such potential winner and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to select the entrant with the next highest overall score based on the above judging criteria as the potential winner of the Prize in question.
Prizes will be awarded, subject to compliance with these Rules, upon receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Releases and verification of Prize winners.
6. Where applicable, the approximate retail values of prizes as stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail values are stated by the Contest Sponsor and the date the Prizes are awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the Prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS TO CONTEST SPONSOR: By submitting an Entry into the Contest, the applicable entrant represents and warrants to the Contest Sponsor that his/her Entry is wholly original to the entrant and that he/she owns all right, title and interest in and to the Entry. Without further notice or compensation, each entrant agrees that:
8. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this Contest (including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries) and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges shall prevail.
9. Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest, based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Once winners have been verified and confirmed, the winners' names may be posted on the mottsclamato.ca website.
10. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
11. In no event will the Released Parties be liable for more than the stated number of Prizes contained in these official Contest rules.
12. The Released Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded Prizes or the Contest itself. By entering, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any Prize (or a portion thereof) won.
13. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Contest website or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
14. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an email entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
15. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, any Contest website; to be acting in violation of the Contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor's agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
18. For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
19. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
20. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason.
21. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Contest Sponsor or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.
*Trademark used under license by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc.